Skip to main content

It's Finished!!! Right Before we probably move again......

Who knows when we actually will move, but I am feeling that itch to start working on another home. ;) Sorry Patrick- stop reading now.... Most likely we will move out of our beautiful rural lake house to Kigali though (the capital city), so I can focus more on an interior design career there, and probably designing my own furniture collection too! Patrick's position is global, and he can work in Kigali's offices as well. Although, we could stay rural longer if I get even more E-design clients!! (Tell your friends to hit up NAFASI for E-design packages!! Let us live here longer!!!) ;) But seriously, it will be hard to leave this place. Just look at it though... 😫


You all ready for the final reveal? The house has been done since about September, it's just taken me a minute to take the photos, buy flowers, get it clean, edit photos, and then write about everything. Life. So NOW....... drumroll please..... Here's our little home! Starting with the porch:

https://www.nafasiinteriors.com/copy-of-tropical-hip-mbr


https://www.nafasiinteriors.com/copy-of-tropical-hip-mbr

What a fine young animal that is. Let's move through those french doors on the right into the Living Room now. (The left doors are the bedroom.)






Keep going a little further into our bright blue kitchen!





https://www.nafasiinteriors.com/copy-of-tropical-hip-lr-porch

Take a left down the hallway...

https://www.nafasiinteriors.com/copy-of-tropical-hip-lr-porch

And your first left is the bedroom! 








https://www.nafasiinteriors.com/copy-of-tropical-hip-kitchen-hallwa

Keep going down the hallway...

https://www.nafasiinteriors.com/copy-of-tropical-hip-lr-porch

And there's our bathroom. Our pride and joy. :)





https://www.nafasiinteriors.com/copy-of-tropical-hip-kitchen-hallwa

And there you have it! All of the pictures are linked to my portfolio, where I have loads and loads more photos of the house, if you're interested! Also, for my Rwanda friends, the towel ladder in the last photo, as well as the black nightstand in the bedroom (which also comes in mint green and raspberry) are currently in stock as the first pieces of my furniture collection! Each at 30,000. 

And for real... E-Design.  Continue to follow the blog to hear about my current E-Design project where I'm gutting and renovating a client's bathroom in DC. Think black + white + brass, plus soft organic textures and of course some salvaged wood. 😍

Love,
NAFASI




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Brightest Kitchen in Kigali!

I'm so excited to share with everyone my latest kitchen interior design project, and the bright young woman who lives here!  Claire is a neighbor, a friend, and a client of NAFASI! She had just decided she was ready to settle into her Kigali house, but wasn't quite satisfied with it as her and her son's home . Luckily Claire called on NAFASI, had some great visions of what home meant to her, and we opened up her space into the cheery welcoming kitchen you see now!  This is how it used to look: Can you believe it!?!? Claire worked with her landlord, as she is renting the house, to share costs for the renovation. It was win-win for everyone! A lot of landlords are ready to make renovations on older homes, and willing to pay for the renovation costs that come with it. Claire was responsible for the interior design costs. This way the owner is able to get free design, and the value increases greatly on their home, and the tenant gets the home they actually ...

Genevieve Gorder is my Inspiration.

This was one of the best experiences I have had in my professional life. I literally love EVERYTHING this woman does in this field... Not to mention her eloquent and relatable description of interior design. She is a true poet and a mentor through the glass of a TV screen. So you can imagine how excited I was to walk around the same event as her when Genevieve Gorder came to Belfort Furniture to promote HGTV's furniture collection. I was in the front row- and I swear we made eye contact!! ;) The majority of the crowd was homeowners looking for advice and tips. I just went to be in awe. I did get the opportunity to ask a question, "How do you feel about mixing metals?" (Which I already anticipated her response because it seems like she always answers the way that I think, and wish I could articulate as well as she can!) Of course her answer was Yes! Do it! Always! And I agree. There are no rules in this interior design world- or there are, but it's very okay to stretch...

We've Waited Long Enough!

It is now time for the big reveal!!!!! I have had such a huge internal debate over when I was ready to share finished photos of our home in Kigali. While most of our friends would have said it was completely done 6 months ago (!) I still don't actually feel like it's really finished.   I'm still changing up porch furniture, debating curtains, and I'm not quite pleased with the legs of the island yet- to name a few!  However,  it is time to get the photos out there, and to move on with all of the other Kigali homes and projects I've been working on and need to share with you too! I will be sure to update the blog with all of my own home changes as I make them. And you know I will! ;) So let's take a brief home tour of only the best shots for now! Starting with our front porch. I hope you like it!!! Keep in mind, I could do this for you and your home too. ;) ( www.nafasiinteriors.com ) I added these breezey curtains for a vacation-y relaxing vibe....